qualified, man manager, strong communicator
Up to £60000 per annum + +bens
Choralis Consulting have instructions to recruit a Financial Controller
The company:- Is a privately owned UK on line retailer with operations all over the UK and mainland Europe. They employ a dynamic team of over 100 and generate revenues in access of £35m. With aggressive expansion plans, the company is poised to double its revenues in the next 2 years.
The role: Is a new role and reports to the CFO. You will need to take early responsibility for the day to day operations in finance, which will encompass a broad range of accounting projects not only to develop the finance function but to oversee new business accounts are managed effectively and the necessary support controls are in place to ensure the highest accounting standards are achieved.
* preparation of the management accounts pack,
* prepare and maintain accurate annual forecasts
* prepare company and consolidated monthly and quarterly board reporting packs
* balance sheet reconciliation, year end accounting, PAYE and payroll.
* Responsible for monthly, quarterly management and ad-hoc reporting
* manage the treasury requirements and bank position
* UK and International VAT returns
* Prepare coordinated budgets and present interim forecast updates
* provide detailed analysis to assist with the business decision making process
The person:- a qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA with 2 to 3 years PQE. A strong communicator comfortable taking early responsibility and challenging how things are done. Recommend and implement best practices to ensure a robust control environment is achieved. Manage and mentor a team of 2 ensuring they achieve their personal targets and deadlines are met. Language skills useful, but not essential. Energy and drive to achieve results is required with strong IT skills and an eye for detail. Comfortable getting involved.