control,financial, management accounting
£55000 - £60000 per annum + bens
Choralis Consulting are recruiting for a Financial Controller
The company:- Is a privately owned UK on line retailer with operations all over the UK and mainland Europe. They employ a dynamic team of over 100 and generate revenues in access of £35m. With aggressive expansion plans, the company is poised to double its revenues in the next 2 years.
The role: Reports to the finance director and will take early responsibility for the day to day operations in finance. An exciting opportunity the role will encompass a broad range of accounting projects not only to develop the finance function but to oversee new business accounts are managed effectively and the necessary support controls are in place to ensure a smooth flow of information is achieved.
* preparation of the management accounts pack,
* prepare and maintain accurate annual forecasts
* prepare company and consolidated monthly and quarterly board reporting packs
* balance sheet reconciliation, year end accounting, PAYE and payroll.
* Responsible for monthly, quarterly management and ad-hoc reporting
* manage the treasury requirements and bank position
* UK and International VAT returns
* Prepare coordinated budgets and present interim forecast updates
* provide detailed analysis to assist with the business decision making process
* implementing best practice controls to ensure a smooth flow of information is achieved.
* managing 2 direct reports to achieve their goals and targets.
The person:- a qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA with 2 to 3 years previous post qualifying accounting experience. Perhaps with a practice or an international background or with media, Internet, IT, or retail experience. Language skills useful, but not essential. Energy and drive to achieve results is required with strong IT skills and an eye for detail. A confident communicator, able to influence and lead from the front.