• Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels • Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail • Competent in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programmes • Prior experience with systems including invoice discounting • Calm and confident manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
Key Responsibilities & Duties: (What are the regular activities of this position?)
• Responsible for the management of the Self Bill reconciliations, raising and following up on queries on a timely basis.
• Ensure that clear collection procedures are in place for each client to ensure that delays in payments are minimised.
• Responsible for meeting targets in monthly receivables and keeping bad debt to a minimum.
• Cash flow forecasting – weekly detailed forecast by every sales invoice for 8 weeks ahead, comparison to previous week and major movements.
• High volume of calls and emails chasing from debtors.
• Disputes review on a weekly basis with escalation to account managers and directors as appropriate.
• Dealing with accounts that have gone into liquidation including liaising with administrators.
• Assessment of credit worthiness of potential and existing customers including determining credit limits and payment terms
• To create new client accounts and set up onto system Banking and cash allocation onto
• system when required
• Responsible for 7 day and final notice letters before action.
• Maintaining contact with clients to ensure invoices are clear for payment
• Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices/ disputed accounts
• Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting systems
• Providing accounts information to internal departments including issuing Credit and Debit Journals, when required
Key Measurables: (How will successful performance be measured?)
• Cash collection targets set
• DSO targets
• Aged Debt targets
Key Relationships: (Who are the key parties that this position interacts with?)
• Executive Board
• Senior Leadership Team
• Operations Team
• Finance Teams
• Marketing Team
• Compliance Team
• IT Team
• Industry Bodies